www.flickr.com
Into the Depths: Emmanuel

Monday, November 27, 2006

Emmanuel

It's been ages, I know. Thus, as is customary, I feel the need for something profound. Well, don't get your hopes up. Life is going relatively well. Thanksgiving was strange as it was the first one in my life that my parents were not a part of. Neither of them felt well enough to attend. Other than that, though, it was good. Just me and my sisters along with their families.

Church is going well also. I am finally on week seven in my support group. I don't want to do the homework this week which is probably not good. I'll do it though, don't fear. I am too much of a perfectionist not to. ;) I am really liking my little Bible study on Tuesdays. Those relationships seem to be flourishing which is thrilling and terrifying at the same time. Luckily, these days, I tend to be letting hope win out to fear, so that is good news.

I went to a church in Euless tonight to hear a speaker. It was some women's night thing, but that isn't the point. The speaker's name is Alicia Williamson Garcia. I hadn't ever heard of her though she apparently has been around for quite some time. I really enjoyed her talk. She spoke about 'Emmanuel'; what that means, and what it means to live truly believing the truth of that name. It was good stuff. She wrote a song several years ago when she was diagnosed with cervical cancer. Some of you may have heard it but I hadn't. She found herself flat on her face crying out to God, not to heal her body, because we all know there is no guarantee of that. Instead she prayed that He heal her soul. Because if her soul was healed than through Christ she would have the fortitude to stand in Him through any external circumstance. What God spoke to her at that time in her life spoke to me tonight. He said "Healing comes from knowing who I am." It is true, and I like it and I want to learn to live it.

That's all I've got, sorry, I will try to find something more profound for you.

2 Comments:

Blogger Shayne said...

Good stuff. So glad to hear things are going better.

November 28, 2006 8:03 AM  
Blogger LiteratureLover said...

Don't be sorry. Hope is woven all throughout this post and that, in itself, is pretty profound.

December 01, 2006 2:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home