www.flickr.com
Into the Depths: Dinner With a Friend

Tuesday, August 29, 2006

Dinner With a Friend

I met Paulette tonight! We had dinner and a nice, three hour talk. I am SO glad we did it. We were both beside ourselves with nervousness, but all the fear had no basis. It was great. If you have never been to Paulette's blog, I encourage you to go and read her story. She has a bit of her life in her archives, and I promise you that you will be amazed at where this woman has been. She is the picture of 'beauty for ashes' without a doubt. I can not fathom some of the things this woman experienced in her lifetime. Yet, there was no bitterness, just a kind heart and a sweet and gentle spirit. What an example. Thanks Paulette, I am so glad we decided to get together.

6 Comments:

Blogger LiteratureLover said...

How fun! Sounds like you two really hit it off. :)

August 29, 2006 10:48 PM  
Blogger Paulette said...

ThankYou for those sweet words. I had an awesome visit with you. Thankyou for letting me share my heart and getting a glimpse of yours.
I am proud of us both for reaching out to each other.
I loved sitting out side in the evening air and visiting. Can you believe that was the first time in this Texas heat we could do that???
It was wonderful. Thanks.

August 30, 2006 8:35 AM  
Blogger Shayne said...

I will not be jealous...
I will not be jealous...
I will not be jealous...

August 31, 2006 7:58 AM  
Blogger heartsjoy said...

Ohhh, that is so awesome!! I'm so glad for the two of you!! what sweet treasures you both are...I have been impacted by you both! Glad you got to connect. :)

August 31, 2006 10:54 PM  
Blogger Laura said...

Paulette is precious, isn't she?!

I am so glad the two of you got to meet...if you only live a few miles from her then you only live a few miles from me! :)

September 01, 2006 1:08 PM  
Blogger Bttrfly1976 said...

lol, I heard that you were close, Laura. Yes, she is precious!

September 01, 2006 5:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home