www.flickr.com
Into the Depths: Growth

Sunday, February 11, 2007

Growth

Seriously, I had a great day. I joined the church, my class was fantastic, the sermon was moving, I had a great day.

I have been struggling lately with sharing input in groups and even just in my accountability group when someone is having an issue. The fact of the matter is, I have a lot of knowledge. Biblical knowledge, so I know it is truth. I don't say that to brag, at all, but to let you know where my struggle is. I often times say nothing for fear of sounding hypocritical. For instance, in my Thursday night group we talked about our false beliefs. We each took turns writing them on huge pieces of paper hanging on the walls. Then we went through them and were asked what the truth to those statements are. I said nothing. Not because I don't know, just because I feel like a liar. I am afraid that if I share my knowledge, even though I know it is God's truth in any given situation, that because I struggle with believing it than I have no right to say it. Well, one thing my pastor said this morning was this, "Just because I don't always do it perfectly, does that mean I can't preach it, no. Because it isn't my word, it's God's word." God's word is truth no matter what. And, I think a lot of times God is speaking even to me when I share His truth with someone else. Hopefully that makes sense.

This morning during worship I couldn't help but feel overwhelming gratitude. I see God working in my life. I see how far He has brought me. I thought about where I was one year ago today and the difference is flat out amazing. I am thankful that He has lead me thus far and grateful, too, that He has allowed me to see that growth. This is new territory for me, but I like it, a lot!

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's so good to hear joy in your words!!

February 11, 2007 10:53 PM  
Blogger Shayne said...

Good for you Stephanie! I'm glad you made the call, and I'm glad you had some joy in your life today.

February 12, 2007 8:24 AM  
Blogger LiteratureLover said...

Wo-ow! That is amazing. I love hearing the growth in your journey.

February 12, 2007 10:56 PM  
Blogger Sandy said...

You've no idea how much it impacts me to know how you're seeing God work in your life...I don't even know what to say except that it encourages me to no end in my own journey. Can't wait to see you!

February 14, 2007 10:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home