www.flickr.com
Into the Depths: The Email

Wednesday, February 07, 2007

The Email

ok, item two. Let me start by saying, do we all remember that confrontation and I don't get along?

So, if you remember back to August, you will recall that I met with my pastor and he thought it better for me to not yet join the church. Fast forward to September and remember I emailed him some Biblical questions to which he responded it would take too long to explain but I could borrow one of his books. Then we move to October when I found out about my brother. The bad day of all bad days. This is the day that I called him in tears and he said he was really busy and going out of town, could I call back next week.

All that history to say this, I emailed him on Sunday to let him know I needed to meet with him about some issues. Actually I asked if he minded if I spoke candidly through email and if he did mind than could we set up a meeting. I figure that way if my fears of what he must think of me are true than he wouldn't have to worry about a face to face meeting not to mention the fact that email sure would be easier on me.

He still hasn't responded. Can you say 'validate my negative feelings, why don't ya?'

My desire, of course, is sweep it under the rug, stick my head in the sand, let it go, move on, forget about it....you know anything that says AVOID. But, my accountability sisters say, no ma'am. So, my job is to call him tomorrow. I am not looking forward to that, just so you know. I want it to be enough that I emailed him....I know it isn't.


And it's bedtime again, so I will try for more tomorrow night.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Although I am the queen at confrontation.....I still struggle with confronting matters that affect me DEEPLY. I will be praying for you. This is extremely difficult for you..and I want you to know that you have a friend sending you positive energy.

February 08, 2007 8:51 AM  
Blogger LiteratureLover said...

I second the hating confrontation! I'm feeling sorry for you that you must call him. Would emailing him again count? Maybe that's just an easy way out, but man, I would be feeling what you're feeling.

Although, it could be that he just hasn't checked his emails yet. I hope that's it.

February 08, 2007 6:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home