www.flickr.com
Into the Depths: Did Someone Say Ice??

Monday, January 15, 2007

Did Someone Say Ice??



My sliding tire marks. The big indention at the top of the puddles is where my front tires slid through.





The silt fence that saved me from the 6' deep ditch.





My oh so muddy tire.


It was an eventful night last night. I went bowling with some friends and on my way home at about 1 in the morning, an icy road came out of nowhere. Now don't get me wrong, all the bridges were icy. I took 45 minutes to make what is typically a 20 minute drive. But no roads were iced, just the bridges. So when I was 1/4 mile from my house and there were no more bridges, I thought I was home free, literally. Well....never works that way does it. They redid the road leading to my neighborhood about five months ago. They did not, however, make a regular road. It is asphalt and pebbles. No one ever bothered to let me know that it won't work like a typical road in inclement weather. There are no cracks so the water doesn't drain and so it pools on top of the road and, yes, freezes. No good for me. But, I ended up in the only place that would not cause serious damage to my car or myself. The fence literally stopped my car from going over sideways into the ditch. There was one post at my front tire and one at the back as though God placed my car exactly where it needed to land. So, all in all, despite the 2 hour wait for my friends to pull me out and the extreme late hour I got to bed, it was really not so bad. Could have been so very much worse.

I have more to talk about but I will save it until tomorrow so we can stick with the lighthearted blog. I know you guys get all crazy like when I try to mix it up.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am so glad you are safe! How very scary!!

January 15, 2007 10:18 PM  
Blogger LiteratureLover said...

Oh my word! That is incredible that you stopped. I agree with Queen Beth, I'm so glad you are safe!!

January 15, 2007 11:40 PM  
Blogger heartsjoy said...

Wow! I am so glad you were alright! It is never a good or fun thing to start sliding.

January 21, 2007 10:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home