www.flickr.com
Into the Depths: Happy 2007

Sunday, December 31, 2006

Happy 2007

I wish I had something profound or moving or life changing to write two and half hours before the end of 2006. I don't though. Instead I just sit here, customarily alone, watching t.v. and wondering why I still find myself without anyone to 'ring in the new year' with. I don't know that it is loneliness, per se, just a little sadness, I guess.

As I think about the possible resolutions I could make, I can think of nothing that I would actually stick with. So, in order to avoid inevitable failure, I choose to set no goals. Healthy, huh? You would think that since I shopped all freaking day today that I would be in a better mood, but I find myself feeling quite melancholy instead.

Really, I think there is probably a lot about this past year that I can feel good about. However, there is a substantial amount of not so good which is what I am so amazingly gifted at focusing on. GRRR. Maybe I should just go to bed.

Happy New Year, and sorry this post sucked.

2 Comments:

Blogger Paulette said...

Stephanie, I am sorry you were alone, I wish I would have known I would have come over and spent the evening with you. I fiqured you would be with your friends in your group.
I hope you have an amazing new year!

January 01, 2007 2:00 PM  
Blogger LiteratureLover said...

At least you are thinking of the positive AND the not so postive. I think that's a step in the right direction.

We ended up going to our church's New Year's Eve party. I got a little too competetive in a guys against girls game. The girls won of course. ;)

January 04, 2007 4:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home