www.flickr.com
Into the Depths: Why I Don't Swim When I Can't See The Bottom

Friday, August 11, 2006

Why I Don't Swim When I Can't See The Bottom




This is Blayne. (Well two years ago anyway)






This is Blayne's foot with a fishbone pushed an inch inside of it. GROSS and OUCH!!
He went swimming in a friend's pond today, and this is what he came out with. The doctor had to cut his foot open to get the jagged, extremely nasty, dirty bone out. It went all the way into the bone in his foot. It is a good thing that he is all boy so he pretends to be tough even when it really does hurt, and will LOVE telling the story when he starts school next week, on crutches.

That's all I've got, nothing else worth mentioning anyway. Later.

4 Comments:

Blogger LiteratureLover said...

Ewww! That IS a good reason to stay out of ponds. He's tougher than I could be!

August 13, 2006 1:35 AM  
Blogger Bttrfly1976 said...

me too!

August 13, 2006 1:50 AM  
Blogger SuperMom said...

GROSSS!!!!!! That right there is why I like nice, clean chlorinated water.

August 14, 2006 11:21 PM  
Blogger Bttrfly1976 said...

lol, we had to go to the e.r. at the cooke's sat. night b/c it was already infected, staph, they think. So two antibiotics, soaking every two hours, keep it wrapped when not soaking and crutches til Friday. Nothing like jumping in a stock tank and landing on a fishbone. You might be a redneck.....

August 14, 2006 11:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home