www.flickr.com
Into the Depths

Tuesday, August 08, 2006


That is not a giant bouncy seat or a giant hand, just a tiny little baby with some long, skinny legs. She is darn cute though. I only got pics of one b/c I just happened to be holding her when I thought of getting my camera out. They really do look a lot alike. My sister dresses one in dark onesies and the other in light so that they can tell them apart. We are going to have to figure out something more scientific before long, I'm afraid. I spent 8 hours cleaning my sisters house Saturday. Not because I'm nice, don't start, simply because it was nasty and I hate the thought of her children growing up like we did. It probably won't help unless I do it every damned weekend, but what do you do. I started to redo the girls rooms. Got them new bedding and plan to go with dressers and deco next. I will go back down in two weeks to take back the five garbage bags of clothes I brought home to wash. I plan to start painting the girls bedrooms then. Casta is getting pink and orange stripes, Natalee will have blue with white polka dots. My hope is that if we make their bedrooms a place that they can be comfortable in and actually take pride in, than hopefully, despite their parents, they will at least keep their own little spaces half way decent. We shall see. I don't get it. I can't fathom why anyone would be ok living that way. I DON'T GET IT. That is probably evil of me to say, but I never said I wasn't evil. K, have to go to bed, should have gone a couple hours ago. I suck at this seven hours sleep a night thing.

3 Comments:

Blogger heartsjoy said...

Ohhhh, she is sooo cute! Wish I could hold her! That is really nice of you to help your sister. You know, you might want to read fly lady because she explains some of the messy mentality. It is probably not that she Wants to live in it but just doesn't know how to stay on top of it. I don't know. I'm sure she loved having a clean house. Does she ever talk about wanting to do better? I think most messy's want to do better. I know because I am a reformed messy. (or at least close to reformed.L) Anyway, I love how much to love and do for your nieces and nephews! I'm sure they will praise you all their days!

August 08, 2006 9:17 AM  
Blogger Paulette said...

You are sooooo adorable. You are just the sweetest thing ever.You have a heart of just plain Gold, and those little babies are just so darned lucky to have you Auntie.

August 08, 2006 7:56 PM  
Blogger SuperMom said...

Oh, that baby is so cute. Can I please come snuggle her? Mine is way too big :-(

As a mom of three, my house got messier with each child. It's not that I like it that way, or think it's okay, I don't know how to juggle it all and still have quality time with my kids. For me, the latter is most important. I know she appreciates you doing the laundry!!!

Before I had kids, I would go to my sister's house (mother of four boys) and think the same thing you do. "How does she live like this?!" Now I completely understand.

All that to say, I have seen other moms handle it all perfectly. It's probably a personality thing.

August 10, 2006 8:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home