www.flickr.com
Into the Depths: The Shadow of His Cross

Thursday, April 05, 2007

The Shadow of His Cross

I just watched this video and, well, I loved it. These will be my two new, very specific prayers. First, that the cross will become dearer and dearer to me. That I will learn to look at each and every situation in my life through the shadow of His cross. Second, for His resurrection power to manifest in this relationship that is all but dead. I pray that He will continue to renew my mind until all I can focus on is His ever-present grace and mercy that course through every vein of my life. That I will, in reality, adopt the attitude of Christ Jesus. (Phil. 2:5) That I will remember that He didn't walk away from me just because I doubted Him, questioned Him, distrusted Him, betrayed Him. I ache for His presence, for His love and compassion, to envelop me then flow out onto every person I come into contact with. High and lofty goals, however, not too high for Him.

Ephesians 1:19-20

19 and his incomparably great power for us who believe. That power is like the working of his mighty strength, 20 which he exerted in Christ when he raised him from the dead and seated him at his right hand in the heavenly realms.

3 Comments:

Blogger LiteratureLover said...

What a beautiful prayer and longing!

I heard this video on your blog one day in church and it really impacted me. At first I was like, what is this? Then, as his words began to sink in it was very moving.

April 06, 2007 12:23 PM  
Blogger LiteratureLover said...

P.S. Love your playlist!!

April 09, 2007 4:05 PM  
Blogger Bttrfly1976 said...

:) thanks! Love music, maybe too much!

April 09, 2007 8:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home