www.flickr.com
Into the Depths: My Jesus

Tuesday, March 13, 2007

My Jesus

I am now a bonafide pianist.....o.k. slight exaggeration. Really, I can now play two songs. "The Swing" that I learned in the eighth grade and "Jesus Loves Me" that I learned this past Sunday. But that is a great start if I do say so myself. ;)

So, about the video up there. If you have never heard Todd Agnew's "My Jesus" you definitely need to click play. Really, even if you have heard it before you should go ahead and listen again, it is that good. I am kind of in the middle of a process with God right now where I have just asked Him to reveal to me more of who His Son is, was, well, both. I guess that really sounds so elementary for someone who has been in church in some form or fashion since birth. I just think that I learned the basics and then stepped away. Ok that sounds weird. I think that my focus stays on God and off of Jesus more often than not. Not that I don't know the fundamentals. I know that He is God's son, the Word made flesh. I know that He was born of a virgin, suffered and died for my sins, rose again three days later and now sits at God's right hand. I get that. I have confessed with my mouth that Jesus is Lord, I believe in my heart that God raised Him from the dead. Doctrinally, as far as basics go, I'm sound.

But, I want Jesus to be my best friend, literally. And, to be quite frank, I think I have some misconceptions in my heart and mind that cause me to distance myself a little from Him. I understand the concept of the Trinity, so I know that when talking to God, seeking Him, loving Him, I am doing the same with Jesus. But, I never cry out to Jesus, Himself. I think I minimize some things out of a lack of understanding, and I don't want to do that anymore. How can I lead others to Him if I second guess aspects of His sacrifice in my heart. Ok, I may not be making much sense to anyone but me, just know that this is where I am and this is where my walk is. I am asking God to help me understand more about who Jesus was when He walked this earth, what He went through and how that should effect me on a daily basis. Get it?

So, anyway, that is where this song came from. Well, not really. It came from Todd Agnew. It came on the radio in the midst of my chaos last Tuesday and I just lost it driving down the road. I went and bought the cd that night and have been listening to it ever since. I feel like I am being a bit evasive about this, which is not like me on here, but I have recently learned that people can and will use your beliefs, false or not, against you if they so choose. So, forgive my hesitance, I'll work on it.

2 Comments:

Blogger LiteratureLover said...

I feel like God is showing me more about him being the Word in flesh. I love words, so knowing that He was THE word is pretty awesome.

March 14, 2007 3:26 PM  
Blogger Bttrfly1976 said...

It is awesome, He is awesome. I continue to be astounded at how He just keeps revealing more and more to me of who He is. Probably, He's been trying for a very long time, I just didn't have my heart open enough to hear it.

March 14, 2007 10:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home