www.flickr.com
Into the Depths: I Will Be A Piano Player After All

Saturday, March 10, 2007

I Will Be A Piano Player After All

After many, many years of asking friends who knew how to play piano to teach me, I finally found someone willing to do so!! My first lesson is tomorrow at four and I am so stoked. A little embarrassed because, well, I'm no good yet....but I will be some day. ;)

I did have the conversation I had planned with my friend on Thursday. It went well, really. I believe God orchestrated it and controlled the direction of it. I know that our friendship will never be what it was, but I also know that God knows best. As time has progressed I have heard more and more of how this whole event unfolded, people she talked to, got advice from...in my opinion, tried to form alliances with, and I am undoubtedly hurt. I feel judged and betrayed for sure. But I am so aware of God's hand on my heart through the whole ordeal so I can be sad, I can grieve the loss, even admit to God my anger, and in spite of all of those feelings, I am still so grateful that it happened. I am more pleased with where my walk has gone than I am sad about what my heart had to go through....if that makes any sense.

I am reminding myself that those who would hurt me, judge me, betray me, whatever, they are just as human as I am. I'd like to think I wouldn't do the same thing to someone else, but it doesn't matter. Even if that isn't the sin I partake of, there are plenty others that I succumb to daily. So, all that to say, I am astoundingly well, all things considered, and I cling to the truth that God is good.

5 Comments:

Blogger LiteratureLover said...

I am so glad you are getting to take piano lessons. That will be fun! I am glad you were able to talk with your friend. It sounds like you are handling everything quite well. I know that would be difficult. I'm proud of you.

March 12, 2007 8:50 PM  
Blogger Paulette said...

cooool about the piano lessons. I always wanted to take lessons as well always!! WHo is teaching you? That is so very cool Stepahanie, you go girl!!!

March 12, 2007 10:06 PM  
Blogger Bttrfly1976 said...

It was so cool! I can already play "Jesus Loves Me." How cool am I!! A lady in my church is teaching me...for free! I'm a happy gal.

March 12, 2007 10:09 PM  
Blogger LiteratureLover said...

Oh my WORD! That video hit me between the eyes. I will be thinking about it all day long.

March 13, 2007 11:18 AM  
Blogger Bttrfly1976 said...

I know, awesome song, huh?! Convicting, thought provoking, humbling...you name it.

March 13, 2007 9:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home