www.flickr.com
Into the Depths: Satellite Psycho

Monday, February 19, 2007

Satellite Psycho

The weekend is over. While this saddens me greatly, at least it was a good weekend. A busy weekend, but a good one. I'm wishing I were still in bed asleep instead of sitting here at work, but we don't always get what we want now do we!

I think someone is stealing satellite service through my satellite box. Sounds so 'conspiracy theoryish.' I have one box that feeds two t.v.s and both 'users' can record using the DVR. So I have all my programs set to record at the time they air and the DVR just switches from user 1 to user 2 to accommodate all the recordings. Well.....Shows are disappearing. The recordings get stopped by 'user 2' when I am nowhere near my house. And new recordings are showing up mysteriously. Including "Marie Claire," a show on the Hispanic channel all in Spanish. No, I did not set that up to record. So, as much as I hate to sound like a paranoid freak, there is definitely something fishy going on. I wouldn't care all that much except that when I got home Thursday night I selected the DVR, anxiously awaiting to see if Meredith had drown, there was no Grey's Anatomy recording. It had been stopped and though I am sure I am not an addict, I was livid.

How do you find out if you have a satellite thief?? Not a clue, maybe I should call the company. But I am sure afraid they are going to think I am a raving lunatic. Grey's is worth sacrificing my dignity, though. I must have my Grey's.

2 Comments:

Blogger LiteratureLover said...

Call. I bet that happens more often than you would think. That would hack me off! Sorry you missed your Greys.

February 20, 2007 9:16 PM  
Blogger Bttrfly1976 said...

well thank goodness, now you can watch the episodes the next day on the internet!!

February 21, 2007 10:19 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home