www.flickr.com
Into the Depths: Seriously

Thursday, September 21, 2006

Seriously

Ok, the only point to my title is that I am very glad that Grey's Anatomy starts tonight. My favorite show Ever. No other show in the history of the world has held the power to bring me to tears with every single episode. I adore it. Enough about that.

I read this quote today, and I really like it, though it is quite frightening:

"Sometimes people carry to such perfection the mask they have assumed that in due course they actually become the person they seem." W. Somerset Maugham


Real question: If there is no life change, can one truly be saved? Is it possible, that you really were saved, but you are so totally screwed up that you never get anywhere? Or, is it more possible that if you can't trust God to love and forgive you, then you can't trust Him to save you? Or are they both possible and I am just screwed because there is no answer. Good question, eh? Cognitive dissonance, it does a body good.....NOT.

4 Comments:

Blogger LiteratureLover said...

Grey's Anatomy, huh? I have some friends that are hooked on that too. I am a LOST freak and it's going to start in a few weeks.

Girl, I can always count on you to ask the good questions. Thanks for keeping me thinking. Notice how I didn't answer your questions?

September 24, 2006 10:33 PM  
Blogger Bttrfly1976 said...

I totally noticed. But, I'm am glad enough that you were here that I am willing to overlook it. ;)

September 24, 2006 11:29 PM  
Blogger Paulette said...

ha yall are funny,
Man I hate greys anatomy can you believe that?? All the adultry and such I guess, cant figure out for the life of me why that thrills people. lol
What was the question again? No I will be back and answer it soon, I have to ponder on that one.
I be back.

September 25, 2006 3:42 PM  
Blogger SuperMom said...

We can't base our salvation on what we do, or God isn't God.

I believe God has to be bigger than all my doubt and all my questions and anything I say or do. Nobody knows just how screwed up I am more than He, and nothing I do surprises Him.

But yet, I do believe. And He is still there.

September 25, 2006 5:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home