www.flickr.com
Into the Depths: Delaying the Inevitable

Wednesday, July 12, 2006

Delaying the Inevitable

Two days and counting. The good news, however, is I now have an adorable little reading corner in the playroom. My hope is that all my nieces and nephews will develop a passion for reading like mine. I think, for me, reading was a way of escaping the reality I knew back when I was a child. While the kids don't have quite as much to escape from, I do hope they learn to lose themselves in a good story. Nothing compares. I really am going to start my letter tonight.......maybe. Perhaps I should scrub the floors with a toothbrush, they need a good cleaning, or maybe deck the attic, or start that novel that I did not, until just now, plan to write.....I am sure there is something important that needs doing.
If I didn't have such a stong hatred of disappointing others, I would just magically forget!

3 Comments:

Blogger SuperMom said...

Just do it!! Scrub the floor with a toothbrush later. When you're finished you can alphabetize your sock drawer :-)

July 12, 2006 10:32 PM  
Blogger Bttrfly1976 said...

lol, would I alphabetize by color or style? I did get a whole five sentences down on paper before I started procrastinating again. Good thing I have one more night, huh.

July 13, 2006 12:18 AM  
Blogger LiteratureLover said...

Good job on the five sentences! That's progress.

July 13, 2006 10:20 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home