www.flickr.com
Into the Depths: News

Wednesday, June 28, 2006

News

Thank you to all of you who are praying for my mother. She is doing better, so much as you can be doing 'better' when on chemo, anyway. She is not throwing up anymore which is good, however she is extremely tired all of the time and the weakness is just getting worse. On to brighter subjects.

My nephew, Blayne, called me tonight from camp, apparently they allow cell phones there these days. He said "Hey Steph, I just called to tell you I made my choice today, it was this morning at the tabernacle." My heart broke with joy and sadness all in an instant. I told him how very proud and happy I was for him. I was honored that he called me to tell me the news. I was saddened at my own lack of joy and even more so that my life has not been all it could have been in leading him to this place in his life. I hate that when he and his friend stayed the night two weeks ago and he began telling his friend how much he would like my church, that I said, uhh, we won't be going to church. I am happy that his mother is proud of his decision and will support him in it. I am sad that my mother hated me going to a church that encouraged a relationship with Jesus and that she told me I wasn't allowed to get baptized until I was 18 because she was hoping I would change my mind and remain Catholic. Apparently the baptismal waters would wash the Catholicism out of me. Anyway, whatever, I just wanted to share the news. Way to go Blayne, I love you!

5 Comments:

Blogger Shayne said...

Stephanie,

I saw your comment on my blog. Thank you so much for thinking of me when you are going through so many things.

I've been without a computer these past several days. I've been on vacation with my parents and, well, let's just say I've had better times in my life. Maybe someday I'll tell you the whole story, but right now you have enough on your plate.

I have read your posts for the past week though and I'm wondering...why exactly is it that you don't believe God? Do you know? If you sat down and really concentrated on it, could you pinpoint the reason you're afraid to trust Him?

I ask because, even though I thought I had it together, this whole thing with my parents has just blown my sand castle to bits. I just thought, you know, two heads are better than one...

June 29, 2006 8:53 AM  
Blogger Bttrfly1976 said...

Hey Shayne,
I am at work, so I don't know if I can completely process the question and give the whole answer. I will try though. Well, I think this is one of those questions that deserves a whole new post. Is that ok?

June 29, 2006 9:35 AM  
Blogger LiteratureLover said...

I am so glad that your mother is doing better. I can't imagine being so exhausted AND sick.

As far as Blayne, I'm so happy for him. I think it's really sweet that he wanted to call and talk to you about it. I think that says a great deal about your relationship.

June 29, 2006 4:45 PM  
Blogger LiteratureLover said...

I am so glad that your mother is doing better. I can't imagine being so exhausted AND sick.

As far as Blayne, I'm so happy for him. I think it's really sweet that he wanted to call and talk to you about it. I think that says a great deal about your relationship.

June 29, 2006 4:45 PM  
Blogger Paulette said...

Miss Stephanie,
I must say that your young nephew must see God in you somehow because he chose to call you with that awesome news.
It is never to late Stephanie to have that relationship with an awesome God.
We have a motto in our foyer at church, it is not about a religion it is about a relationship.I hope you can find a peace in your relationship Stepahnie. If you ever need to talk I am close!!!
I am still praying for you.

June 29, 2006 9:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home