www.flickr.com
Into the Depths: AND FINALLY.......

Wednesday, May 03, 2006

AND FINALLY.......


myflowergarden
Originally uploaded by guidmongrel.
This is my garden/flowerbeds, whatever you would like to call it. Now explain to me how little miss has to match everything could come up with a garden like this. It seems like I had the same problem last year. I think in my head, ok this year all the same type of flower, or several types, but a color theme at least. Yet when I get to the nursery and begin to look around, I can't help myself. I want one of everything. I loved the rose bush because it is a hybrid so when they bloom they look tye-dyed. I love the gerber daisys because they are cute for one and more importantly, they are orange. Petunias I love because they grow fast and rather simply, which is important as my thumb is not all that green. I got the begonias because whenever I drive in to a subdivision for work, the entrances are always covered in them, so I know they are pretty, grow well and are rather low maintanance. The Azaleas....that is the bush back there with no flowers....well I thought they were really pretty, then planted it. I thought I was already killing it because all the blooms died off, come to find out they quit blooming typically in March. Oh well, they will be pretty next year.

So, my point to this entirely random, long silly blog is this. Well, I realize now I have no point, just wanted to point out that though I am typically very stringent in my need for things to "go together," sometimes I just go nuts and figure hey, if that one looks good and that one looks good, than I am going to pretend like they look good together whether they do or not!

I could be on TLC's "What Not To Plant In Your Garden!"

4 Comments:

Blogger LiteratureLover said...

I love your house!! It's so fun and colorful. Could you come do mine?

May 03, 2006 1:30 PM  
Blogger heartsjoy said...

How beautiful!! You have such good tastes and such a pretty place. Yes, I agree with LL, you can do a home makeover for me!:)

May 03, 2006 1:41 PM  
Blogger Bttrfly1976 said...

LOL....I'd love to on both accounts. I just need you both to move your homes to Ft. Worth! Just kidding, I'd travel for ya. ;o) Seriously though, it was so fun getting to lay everything out and get ideas from design magazines. I can't say it was fun to paint for three days, but really, even that wasn't too bad. It was worth it to have something other than "eggshell." So pick your hues and here I come!!!

May 03, 2006 7:09 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Interesting website with a lot of resources and detailed explanations.
»

May 26, 2006 9:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home