www.flickr.com
Into the Depths: And Then There Were Two

Friday, April 28, 2006

And Then There Were Two

I am an Aunt. I have been "Aunt Teffie" for a little over ten years now, and the count stands at six nephews and four nieces. Being that I am one of six children, it is not strange that we would have so many kiddos running around. Here is the strange thing. My dad has one brother who has two sons. My mom has one sister who has four sons. My parents have two sons and four daughters. Now, of all these dads, moms and kids, none of them are twins. I know what you are thinking, "what's so strange about that." I'm getting there, have a little patience, sheesh!! :o)

A tiny bit of history: My older sister had three boys who were all unexpected and conceived despite precautionary measures. So, to prevent that from happening again, her husband took more drastic "precautionary measures." After eight months the doctor sounded the "all clear" only to have them conceive one month later. Now guess what they found out during the sonogram. You guessed it, twin girls! This has always been a big story in our family and we thought the strange factor would end there.

My sister who comes directly after me, I am fourth of the six, has two girls, ages four and six. She announced at Christmas that she was expecting her third child and seriously hoping for a boy. Well, today she went for her sonogram to find out if her hope paid off. I know what you're thinking, twin boys. Ha.....got ya, it's twin girls!

Come to find out, you don't need to have a history of twins in your family in order to be prone to having twins yourself. Apparently the way my sisters and I ovulate (who knew there were different ways to do so) makes us very likely candidates for twin conception. Makes me a little nervous but hey, I was already going to be buying eleven Christmas presents, what's one more!

6 Comments:

Blogger heartsjoy said...

Auntie Teffie, two more times. How fun! Beware! You know you could look at it as double the fun. :)

April 30, 2006 1:10 AM  
Blogger heartsjoy said...

looks like the girls are catching up! :)

April 30, 2006 1:11 AM  
Blogger Bttrfly1976 said...

The girls will be caught up for sure. Six and six. We just like to stay balanced. ;o)

April 30, 2006 1:46 AM  
Blogger LiteratureLover said...

You know, I love having a twin. I hope those girls will be close friends. The funny part is when you are a twin you get to enjoy having a friend all your life while the parents have to do the hard part of having two babies at the same time! Guess we got the easy end of that deal!!

TR - Twins Rule (another one for your blog, Heartsjoy)

May 03, 2006 12:22 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Greets to the webmaster of this wonderful site! Keep up the good work. Thanks.
»

May 26, 2006 9:29 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very pretty site! Keep working. thnx!
»

May 26, 2006 9:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home