www.flickr.com
Into the Depths: 'Insert Blog Title Here'

Wednesday, July 16, 2008

'Insert Blog Title Here'

Let me just start by giving a huge congrats out to the A.L. for their twelfth straight win in the All Star Game!! Way to go boys! (if you have no idea what the A.L. is, or the All Star Game for that matter, well then please disregard.)



So, baseball....Blayne ended up second in his division. We went into the championship pretty confident but our boys forgot they knew how to play baseball and got spanked something awful. But second place in a National Championship isn't half bad. The team Brayton played with, well we won't go there. :-)



It's over. At least until late August, that is. What I will fill my nights up with for the next month I am not entirely sure, but I bet I will come up with something!



Today is Blayne's 11th birthday. That is very hard to stomach, I am getting old fast. I got him this and something close to this and these. You don't really get how funny the elmo shoes are unless you know my sister's and me. For twelve and half years we have had very strict rules. 'No character clothes' was near the top. But Blayne is Blayne. Blayne loves anything that makes people laugh or shocks the daylights out of them. So on the cusp of his 11th, he has decided he loves Elmo. He even had people shouting 'go elmo' as he rounded the bases last week. He's a funny, yet ever so strange, boy.



Happy birthday Blayne!!

3 Comments:

Blogger LiteratureLover said...

Way to go Blayne!! Second place is incredible. I love that he will wear Elmo shoes--that's awesome. :) Good to read your blog again...not because you weren't writing them but because I've been exempt from blog-o-sphere a while. I've been working on a book.

P.S. The blog titles always weigh me down too. I may borrow yours.

P.S.S. As far as what to do in August, I've got a large book list I could give you if you're a reader...

July 16, 2008 11:45 PM  
Blogger Bttrfly1976 said...

I'm glad you're back! How is/did writing your book go? Is that on my reading list??

I hate thinking up titles, what a beating. Don't worry, I didn't copyright it, borrow at will.

I LOVE to read. I'm averaging about three books a week right now but I've already read all the books from my 'favs' (Rivers, Peretti and the like.) Going to the bookstore now, I just pick them up read the back and decide if I think it will be interesting enough to keep my attention and then take my chances. So I am more than open to suggestion. I would very much appreciate it!

July 17, 2008 10:38 AM  
Blogger LiteratureLover said...

I should've known you'd LOVE to read. We're soul sisters after all...

Okay, my genre is children's/teen (what I write the most and read the most) and frequently it's fantasy. So if you don't enjoy that, I may have to find another list.

The Faeries of Dreamdark: Blackbringer by Laini Taylor

Inkheart by Cornelia Funke

The Giver by Lois Lowry

Hope Was Here by Joan Baur

All seven Harry Potter books(but I think you've already read them)

...That should get you started. ")

July 18, 2008 1:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home