www.flickr.com
Into the Depths: Fireworks, Baseball, Softball and Therapy...All I Can Ask For!

Friday, July 04, 2008

Fireworks, Baseball, Softball and Therapy...All I Can Ask For!







(you never really know just how much of a hick you are until you hear yourself on a video that you didn't mean to talk on.)










I took Casta and Natalee to Kaboom Town in Addison last night. They have amazing fireworks and you are able to sit directly across the street from the airport where they shoot them off. If the 'boom' isn't loud enough to rattle my chest than I feel I'm too far from the action!! It was good times.







(I totally did all the beading on these flip flops, who knew I could be crafty!)




Blayne is playing a Nationals tournament in Flower Mound this week. Brayton went to Blayne's scrimmage this past Tuesday and another team was practicing and asked if he wanted to join in. He did, of course. Long story short, he is now playing in their Nationals tournament with them this week in DeSoto. Great for his confidence, bad for conflicting schedules! So, I got Cas and Nattie last night, they'll have to stay with a sitter while I work Monday and Tuesday, but I took the rest of the week off for the tournaments so I'm keeping the girls for 10 days. Busy, busy, busy vacation. :) You know I'd have it no other way. At least my feet are ready!!



So, I've set an appointment with a new therapist for Monday. I figure it has probably been a long enough break on autopilot and I need to get down to business and get some work done on myself. Am I nervous, of course. Terrified even. But, it's time. I get as weary of drifting through life merely existing as I do of dealing with the hard stuff for any significant amount of time.






I may have forgotten to mention that I joined a coed softball team. Well, I did. I stink at it but I absolutely love playing. We are 0-2 but I think for the most part we are all having a great time despite that. I think I kinda look like I know what I'm doing even though at the moment my brain is thinking only the following: "Please don't strike out, please don't strike out." And so far, I only have once. :-)







2 Comments:

Blogger Paulette said...

Hey stephanie,
the flip flops are adorable!! What a cute idea!
I am glad you are getting back into therapy, I am also glad you took a step back because it helps to see where we were, and how far we come and the differences in between.
I do hope you can plug back into church or find another as it really does help in our walk. I have so enjoyed my C.R. group so much, it has helped me more than anything!! You should come come visit it sometime. I am going to be giving my full fledged testimony at C.R. soon, ill let you know and you can come hear it.
I will keep you in my prayers Stephanie. It is a hard journey but well worth it when we get to a good place in recovery.
Let's do dinner again one night after you aren't so busy!

July 05, 2008 11:14 AM  
Blogger heartsjoy said...

wow,what a busy time and CUTE flip flops. My computer charger is being weird so I only have seconds to type before it will go out not good. proud of you for going back to therapy even if it feels scary. I really wish you had someone there that does theophostic. That is sweet of you to take time with the girls. Wish you were coming to our neck of the woods. I've had company and such and computer issues so sorry haven't been as good to write. I'm actually getting a few seconds longer right now. love to you!

July 07, 2008 1:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home