www.flickr.com
Into the Depths: Ok, Finally, I'm Updated

Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Ok, Finally, I'm Updated

Well.....it seems like there just isn't enough time in the day anymore. I planned all afternoon on doing this, but there was always something else to get done. So here we are, 11:15, and I am just starting. I will, one day, go to bed at a decent hour. It seems that it doesn't matter what I do, nap or no nap, I can't get my body in bed before midnight, which of course means that I am NEVER on time to work. Details.....

Alright, update on me, hmmm. Where did we leave off. I have no idea. I should have read that first. My bad. Let's see. I am going to a new life group. Have been for about a month and a half now. I like it, like the people, like the way it's done. I feel a little out of place seeing as how there are about seven married couples and me. But what do you do. Other than that one fact I really am enjoying it and I at least see the possibility for some quality friendships there, so I suppose it's worth the bit of discomfort I experience.

My Sunday morning group has been going through "Search for Significance" which to me is a little....well I guess it's just too familiar to me. I don't live it very well, by any stretch of the imagination. I think it is hard, though, to make things so known somehow become real and new. Maybe I don't know what I'm talking about. I think what I am trying to say is that it is hard for me to really get inside myself and apply those truths because I probably, on some unconscious level, tucked them away as 'too good to be true' when I first learned them fifteen years ago.

Anyway, I am also doing a group study on Wednesdays called "Every Woman's Battle." Whether your married or single, that is a darn good book and I encourage you to read it and do the study. I am doing it with ladies from another church and I am hoping that when we finish our Sunday morning study that we can do this one together. I think I would get more out of it in that setting as I'm comfortable with these ladies and the group is a lot smaller. And so far what I've shared with each of them from this study, I think we will all benefit from doing it.

Well, like I mentioned, baseball has started again, which I know you know excites me to no end. I don't know what it is, but I absolutely love watching those kiddos play. Fall ball is a really short season, only about a month to go, but it keeps me going till the spring. :)

Work is work, as usual, I still don't date so there's nothing there. I could probably get into the whole mother deal but I think that will best be served as a blog of it's own.

Oh yeah, and my mattresses are crap. :) I ordered new ones almost three weeks ago and they STILL aren't here. I am starting to get annoyed. It got to the point that I could barely stand up in the morning, so I have been sleeping on the couch since the end of August. I can't wait until the new ones come.

And I'm on a diet. Which bites. I have lost 25 pounds so far, that's good. But I really hate eating food that isn't bad for me. It just isn't any fun at all. And seriously, doing this for fifty more pounds may just kill me.

Personally speaking, I'm in a strange place. Not bad at all, but not necessarily good. I think I am quite detached to be perfectly honest. It's like if something happens in my life that I don't want to deal with, well, I just don't. I just set it aside and keep right on moving. It's like the cabinet in your kitchen where you throw all the mail. Or that one closet where everything gets shoved. I think that's what my insides look like. I have a new favorite show, Saving Grace. I think that the way that woman is on the outside, I wonder if perhaps that's me on the inside. Ok too deep.

I guess that will do for now. Surely that is more than enough knowledge on the drivel that makes up my day to day. That sounds bad, it isn't. The plain, the uneventful, I am actually liking that right now. More to come soon!!

2 Comments:

Blogger Paulette said...

WOW You did update, I had come by so much I thought you were gone for good, then I saw you commented at another blog and I thought could she have updated?? And here you are!
It was good to catch up, I hope it isnt so long next time however.
I am glad you are still active in church. All the studies sound great.
May I also recommend Breaking free by Beth Moore? It is amazing and I have gotten SO much out of that. I may even do it again it was that GOOD. Take care and it was good to hear from you!

September 19, 2007 2:02 PM  
Blogger LiteratureLover said...

Thank you giving a peek into your life. I'm sorry that it's taken me so long to actually check back! Kind of rude actually, but I promise I had good reasons. It sounds like you are in some good groups. I know what you mean about the detached feeling. I think that may just be a cycle that you will have to circle through. That's probably not real comforting but I always find hope in the fact that I won't stay there forever. Good to hear from you.

October 11, 2007 1:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home