www.flickr.com
Into the Depths: The Way She Feels

Tuesday, July 24, 2007

The Way She Feels



The video up there is a song by "Between the Trees." While possibly a bit disturbing to some, it is not only a beautiful song, but also an all to realistic one today. The organization where I found this video amazes me. I'm thankful that things like this are beginning to evolve as I know how necessary they are. My hope is that my scars may one day be the key to another's healing. I got new tattoos on my wrists a couple of months ago. Strange to some, I know. I, however, had a specific purpose in mind. I wish that you could read them better, but getting a good picture of a wrist indoors on a camera phone is apparently not that simple. Anyway, I put 'mercy' on my scarred arm as a reminder and testimony of all that I do actually deserve that God's mercy has saved me from. I put 'grace' on my arm that is scar free to show the clean slate that Christ's grace has given me despite how very little I deserve it. Simple, yes, the gospel laid out on my arms, yes. So, call me crazy, I thought it was a good idea. :)

"We're called to hold our hands against the wounds of a broken world, to stop the bleeding." Don Miller





10 Comments:

Blogger LiteratureLover said...

That is an amazing idea. It's beautiful. What an understanding of mercy and grace.

July 24, 2007 10:49 PM  
Blogger LiteratureLover said...

When I first looked at the pictures, I couldn't see the tattoos. But just now, I saw them. I love words and fonts. I have to say that even the appearance of the words are incredible but even more so because of where they are.

July 24, 2007 10:52 PM  
Blogger Bttrfly1976 said...

I knew you wouldn't think I was weird. :) I think a part of me wants to be sad that I can express my understanding in that manner, I still hide my arm sometimes, but the rest of me....the growing part of me....thinks what better way to reach a broken world than through my own brokenness. When it comes down to it I have nothing more to offer than my brokenness and His ability to mend.

July 24, 2007 11:01 PM  
Blogger LiteratureLover said...

I love what you just said. Can I put your comment in my journal?

BTW, I am feeling better now. I think it was just a tough day.

July 25, 2007 12:18 AM  
Blogger Bttrfly1976 said...

Yes you can, and I am glad to hear you are feeling better. Really glad!

July 25, 2007 7:47 AM  
Blogger Paulette said...

Hey Stephanie,
I agree as to your expression, of your pain you have endured. It is a testimony in any way you choose to express it. Don't be ashamed of that.

I have come by alot and have missed you. I am glad you are posting again. You make me smile, and I am glad I know you. Iam proud of you. I admire you for not giving up.

July 26, 2007 7:11 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Stephanie,
I do not think it was a crazy Idea at all. I never knew of a good reason for a tatoo until now. You done in the natural what God does in the supernatural. Covering sin with his grace and healing wounds with his mercy. It's AWESOME, what a witness. When you wrap your arms around someone they are being touched by mercy and grace, & when you lift your hands in praise to him he looks down and sees you proclaiming his mercy & grace.

I have been reading your blog for alittle over a year now (posted a few times) and I am so blessed to see you come out of darkness and into his marvelous light. Continue to fight the good fight. My prayer for you is that the mercy and grace bound to you will touch and heal many.

your sister in christ
RC from semour TN

July 26, 2007 7:50 AM  
Blogger heartsjoy said...

That is a really great thought. Are they kindof clear color, it looked like I could just grazingly see it but it was powerful. I agree with comment before me about watching your process this year with the Lord! Beautiful.

August 18, 2007 10:07 AM  
Blogger LiteratureLover said...

I know I am not one to talk, but I would love to hear about what's going on in your life (i.e. a blog post). No pressure. :)

September 12, 2007 11:49 AM  
Blogger Bttrfly1976 said...

Sorry!! It's coming soon, I promise...and I only feel a little pressure...and yes, you're one to talk!! :)

September 13, 2007 11:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home