www.flickr.com
Into the Depths: Lessons From The Road

Sunday, February 07, 2010

Lessons From The Road

The devil will always provide you with an escape. It will always lead away from good and away from God.

I heard that this morning on my road trip chruch service. (Radio preacher) It really got me thinking. When I choose to escape rather than deal with my life I am submitting to satan. Even though it isn't typically an overtly sinful escape, I don't get drunk or high, it's still choosing against God. When I zone out into my tv or stuff my feelings down with food or seek control by avoiding food. When I wear a mask to keep myself hidden from the world, when I pretend I'm fine when in truth I'm dying inside. It isn't real and it isn't true which can only mean it isn't of God.

Conviction is so fun.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home