www.flickr.com
Into the Depths: Fairly Warned

Friday, January 29, 2010

Fairly Warned

Luckily I was warned.......

A call from my father two nights prior to today.

"Have you heard what's going on with Jocelynn?"
**This is my evil brother's first child, they have never met and she lives in another state**

"Yes" said I.

He then proceeds to fill me in on what's happening in court and what her lawyer has relayed to him....that my evil brother has been assigned a lawyer to 'protect his interests' in the ordeal....I'm ready to puke by this point.

I think more than anything at all it is the air about him as he speaks....as though he is noble and good for wanting to save her from her molesting step-father. Which, by the way, would be good and noble if not for wanting to bring her here to have a relationship with her molesting biological father.

"Get to the point already" I'm thinking to myself as myriad other thoughts swirl about my brain.

"So, Jen and Rae have said they'd be willing to take her, and now I am coming to ask you." He finally spits out.

Remember, though, I have been warned. I know the unspoken conditions of this proposition.

"Your fears" I say, "are correct. I would absolutely take her into my home, but never would I allow her to be near her father. If, when she is eighteen, she wants to meet him that is up to her, but I won't be party to bringing a molested child and introducing her to her molester father."

Call me crazy, but I can't do it.

"Fine then, you simply won't be mentioned as a possibility."

Here I just want to scream. Really, you want to speak to me as though you are punishing me......finding me guilty of what???? Not wanting to damage her further. Could you really still be so blind as to believe his innocence....really???

I should have hung up at this point. Instead I say that's fine with me if that's the way it has to be. To which he replies "I understand."

Wrong choice of words dad!!!

And then I go off, not screaming per se, but certainly not genteel either.

"No, I don't think you do understand. What you need to understand is that man molested me. And if you think I would take an already very broken girl and say, here, I know you just got removed from the home where you were being sexually abused by your step-father, but here. Here is your convicted felon of a child molesting father. Hope you two can form a happy healthy relationship!!!"

I don't think so. I told him if that made me bad, evil, selfish....whatever, then so be it. But I can not, will not willfully and knowingly take her from one abusers hands and put her into another's.

Awkward silence.....

me: K?

him: ok.

click.....click



The end.


Don't you wish you were me?

3 Comments:

Blogger Catherine Denton said...

I'm so sorry. I can't imagine how painful that is for him to still deny and even put his granddaughter in harm's way. Grrr.

January 29, 2010 8:40 PM  
Blogger Bttrfly1976 said...

I'm choosing to ignore the painful part as it is, well, less painful ;)

January 29, 2010 9:00 PM  
Blogger heartsjoy said...

Oh Steph, I'm so sorry. I hate that you had to go through that with your Dad and him still not willing to own it. I can't help but feel a little glad inside that you were able to tell him your real feelings. Whether he wanted to hear it or not you made your point clear. I wish I could give you a big hug. (((hug)))

January 29, 2010 10:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home